Experts and advisors
An inspirational leader for inclusion, achievement and progression in diverse, multi-cultural environments. National reputation for the delivery of equality and diversity in highly regulated environments, particularly education. Extensive board and chair experience. Honorary Fellow of The Institute of Welfare and visiting lecturer.
I have over 40 years’ experience in management and leadership roles during which I have identified, designed and delivered multiple strategic performance improvements in complex environments. The predominant themes include diversity and inclusion, raising education standards and improving financial performance.
EXAMPLES OF ACHIEVEMENTS:
Diversity & Inclusion
• At Ravensbourne University, led a strategy resulting in over 40% of students coming from ethnic minority backgrounds with attainment rates amongst the highest in the UK.
• As Advisory Board Member at the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists contributing to reductions in child mortality rates in Sub-Saharan Africa.
• At Lambeth College, enabled the College to achieve a Grade 1 from OFSTED for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
• Established Al-Zulfi College of Excellence in Saudi Arabia. Recruited 126 members of teaching and support staff and 3,200 students.
• Designed and delivered successful teaching and learning initiatives for over 400 education establishments across the UK.
• At Institute of Welfare created multiple new income streams.
• Enabled over 40 institutions to achieve OFSTED Grade 1/Outstanding by undertaking pre-OFSTED inspections
• At Croydon college increased student retention from 70% to 87% and overall student achievement from 72% to 90%.
• Improved teaching grades at several colleges.
Open for NED and Consultancy roles where there’s synergy and an opportunity to contribute and make a difference.
Staff Development, Training, Leadership Development...